PostedHere

Adding to the cacaphony of voices from the Tower of Babel (or my diary of Iraq)

Monday, April 03, 2006

Famous in France


So I’m famous again. You may remember that I was in some footage from ABC back when an IED blast injured their anchor and cameraman. I was shown for two nights on ABC, and footage of me showed up for about three days on Armed Forces Network. Now I’m in a magazine.

Match-Paris magazine from France did a piece on our hospital and it just went to press. My commander approached me in the serving line in the DFAC. He was walking towards me, all grins. I got the same feeling I used to get when the principal would single me out in school; that “oh shit what did I do feeling”. But he was quite happy and presented me with my own copy. It’s all in French of course, but I can make out some of it. I didn’t get interviewed or anything but I got a whole page photo spread of me placing a large femoral catheter into an Iraqi prior to his craniotomy (brain surgery) to remove a bullet. J. Stormo is in the picture too, right behind me. Several other people from the 332nd are featured, and we all received our own copies. I can’t read French but I’m told the piece is laudatory of our efforts here. It’s really nice and I think I’m going to frame it. Unless you guys think that’s too gauche. (ha ha) Bye for now. I’m going to eat some Landjaeger and have a near beer.

1 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Save it and frame it! Tres chic!
tu mama

 

Post a Comment

<< Home